This was a nice change from our normal beef stroganoff. The sauce was a little juicier than the ground beef version which made me feel a little better about eating it. This was a nice easy Monday night dinner which I always appreciate on a Monday night.
Special Tools: Slow Cooker
WWSPoints: 10 points*
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-7 hours
2 Tbsp. flour
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
½ tsp. garlic salt, or seasoning salt
2 lbs. chuck roast, cut into 1 ½” cubes
10 3/4 -oz. can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup water
1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 cups chopped onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup quartered fresh, small button mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Combine flour, pepper, paprika, and garlic salt in slow cooker.
- Place beef cubes in flour mixture and toss until meat is well coated.
- In a bowl, combine soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, onions, and garlic until well mixed.
- Pour soupy mixture into slow cooker. Gently stir into beef cubes.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-7 hours.
- Ten minutes before end of cooking time, stir in mushrooms and sour cream. Cover and continue cooking.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles or cooked rice. Garnish with fresh parsley, and bacon bits, if you wish.
Now Let’s Dish: This was so easy and delicious that I would definitely recommend it for an easy weeknight dinner. Egg noodles cook up pretty dang fast so we were even able to go for a walk once I got home from work and still had dinner on the table before 6:30. Pat on the back and a little rump shake for me.
The beef stroganoff I usually make is much thicker and made with ground beef but it is not something I can really enjoy on a Weight Watchers weeknight.
Served with egg noodles & Salad.
Reference: Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook